Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yellow Picnics & Catcus Brides

So contrary to what I thought might happen yesterday, I did not buy as much as I had planned. I bought some new clothes (finally!) and a couple wedding diy pieces. I bought two little wooden peg dolls (to paint for (cup)cake toppers), yellow paper (to play around with to make a model for the paper cones, I need to buy doilies too, since I think I will put a doily rolled in each one), guneia feathers (to use in the boutonneires & corsages), tissue paper (to try out making a pom pom), some spools of ribbons & 3 kinds of baker's twine( for .97 !!!! and one of them is yellow!). Below I put some more inspiration I've found lately. It's great what you can find when you plug "yellow picnic wedding" into google images...


(both images from the knot)

I really like the ideas of using grass as a foundation for centerpieces. That way I can add a couple flowers into the grass instead of having a whole bouquet. The wooden box is great too.


(first image from elizabeth anne designes; second image from weddingflowersandreceptionideas)

I really like the sign on the first picture. Maybe I could use that for the candy buffett? I also love the bouquet wrapped in twigs. I still really love the idea of mason jars but there are so many good ideas out there.


(first image from elizabeth anne designs; second image from unruly things)

I love the bouquet in the last image. It is festive and wonderful. And I think the cactus bride is just too cute. More pictures to come!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love the last photo on the right. Cactus couple!

    ReplyDelete