Tuesday, January 26, 2010

trying to save-the-date

I feel like this is going to be one of those weeks where I can't get out of my own way. First off, I like sleep. A LOT. So instead of exercising in the morning lately, I've had to do it when I get home because I can't get up early enough. But then by the time I've done with that, making dinner, etc I am stressed that I haven't done any wedding stuff. I feel like I am going nuts! I did call staples last night to get an estimate on the $ for printing our save the dates which is actually probably less than if i bought all the different color ink cartridges I need for the printer right now. Also, the longest it takes them to print is 2 days so I'm hoping to go tomorrow or tonight if I get my act together. I was going to go last night but I am a weenie driving in torrential downpours and so is my car (my battery light consistently comes on atleast once when it rains and scares me). But really it is because I'm a weenie. On a different (and wedding related) note, one good thing about The (dreaded) Knot is that if you use their guest list manager tool it also tells you how many invites. For example, even though we are having about 136 people, we only need about 66 invitations. I know its simple math but simple math is still the last thing I feel like doing right now. As I'm sure you've guessed and have read, I am in the process of finishing the save-the-dates which means I still need to: order them, address envelopes (get any last minute missing addresses), stuff them and send them. So I also need: stamps, envelopes and maybe cool patterned paper to make something like this (I'd prefer small polka dot kinda again with the comic book theme):


(image from here)

and also, I realize everyone and their brother has probably used these but I do like them so I'm probably going to invest in buying the full lot of them in one trip. (for save the dates and invites):


(image from here)

and I would really love to put people's addresses in speech bubbles like comic books to go with the superman theme like this:


(image from here)

Also, need to finish the wedding website so if people go to it (I'm writing the link at the bottom of the card), it's not crappy and half done.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me, people.

2 comments:

  1. you can do it! i think the thought bubble idea would be grand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those stamps. I'm still using them, even post-wedding. Hope everything is going well with your planning!

    ReplyDelete