Monday, May 3, 2010

fail or win?

So I finished assembling, lining, stamping and stuffing the invites. All that's left is addressing. But I did stumble upon something as I put them together which made me have to go back through them and do some 'editing'.

So here is the page I photocopied to use as the envelope liners. I just flipped through the comic and found it at random:


Pretty good right? Lots of stuff happening, good color. So I cut it into strips and lined just the top half of the envelopes. As I got near the end, I actually read some of the dialog (which looks particularly bad when cut off):


So I had to do some copy/pasting as not to cause great aunts to think less of me. Otherwise, it is fairly hilarious.

What do you think? Fail or win?

6 comments:

  1. Your comic themed invites are the cutest! What comic is that page from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WIN! EPIC WIN!!! Haha.. that guy in the ponytail is a smooth talker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahaha! Love the smooth operator. Is this a Mary Worth cartoon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. its from superman's wedding!

    angie- ha ha I know right? I haven't read the actual comic so I don't know why someone is both crashing Louis Lane's bridal shower than attempting to pick her up. In what situation would that work??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Win. I think it's kind of funny

    ReplyDelete