Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I need to cool it on the googling

I apologize for both my growing insanity related to wedding ideas and for the fact that the last couple posts have been just a collection of things I like hobbled together by words such as ''how great is this" and "so awesome" and many exclamations and questions marks. I have been googling things like 'rustic wedding', 'camp wedding', 'outdoor wedding' and 'acorn wedding', even 'squirrel wedding' thinking I would find cute vintage squirrel figures incorporated into a tablescape rather than the obvious result of this. But I did find some great stuff along the way...


(image via plum party)
to be used as napkin rings??


(image via vintage indie & the etsy shop is here)
What would I do with these you ask? No idea but I love them.


(image from here)
How great are these? I can see them in boutonnieres (I'm sure you're thinking, exactly how many things are you squishing into one boutonniere and by the time you're finished everyone will be wearing one). I can see them used in decorating the tables. I can see buying them to hoard with all the other craft items I buy because I want them and then put then in a box.

And also just because I'm drooling over them:



(both from jcrew)

Am I alone in thinking $80 is not a sale price? $7 is usually a good sale price for me. Heck, maybe I would even shell out $40 for these adorable clutches but I don't think I can do higher. On standards alone!!

5 comments:

  1. Everything in this post is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha yay! you need to come help me assemble things, my dear! just wait until i have my own craft room.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find the mushroom photo? Im really trying to make mushroom boutonnieres now for my wedding! I just cant seem to find mushrooms that are of that size with bendable bottoms. If you remember where you saw these please let me know! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. spudgirl- sorry it took me so long to get back to you! go here: http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=spun+mushrooms&search_type=supplies

    ReplyDelete