Sunday, August 30, 2009

I never claimed to be a good photographer

So as brides.com keeps reminding me I have 350 days left until the wedding. I worked on some crafts this weekend ( not as much as I had hoped but I always seem to set ridiculous goals for myself which are not actually doable in the set amount of time).

I made a small garland to try out the colors and see how it would look hanging.





My main issue is how see-through some of the fabric is. I'm not sure if anyone else notices those things but me though.



Also, I thought this way pretty creative/$$ saving idea. I wanted to make flags to have people wave after the ceremony and when I was cutting the fabric for the garland, there were little triangles left and I thought they made sweet little flags.



I think I want to make some kind of bridesmaid thing with these. They are yellow silk flowers I bought at Michaels with crafts leaves. I also am thinking of investing in some fun feathers for them too.

Below is the ring pillow I made.





I am pretty happy with it. I like how the felt flowers came out.



I was going to attempt the cake toppers this weekend too but I was thinking I should probably wait until I know how I am wearing my hair and what Ry is wearing.



I am making boutonnieres with these. I am trying to figure out if I am going to use any fake greenery/craft leaves with them or just add pins and ribbons. Your thoughts?

Now off to see a matinee!

4 comments:

  1. Love the garland. LOVE the flags!! The pillow is perfect. A very successful weekend of crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we might be getting married on the same day! lol (tried to do the math in my head!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flags! I've been trying to make them but mine look sad.

    ReplyDelete