Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Game Plan!


(image via amazon)

So I am so excited that I got the Martha book for my birthday! It has lots of great ideas but I definitely zeroed in on things that I could use for the wedding. I am especially excited about the flower making section. I am going to try my hand at making some clay flowers ( I feel like they look really life like) and if that doesn't work out I think I will try the crepe paper ones. Her book has a bunch of demo flowers and I think once I figure those out others won't be too hard. Flowers are just too expensive and then they die. These will last (at least the clay ones will) and the boutonnieres and hair accessories are going to have silk flowers, craft leaves and/or dollhouse pieces (or superman action figures). Once the clay arrives, I will let you know the results!



(both images via marthastewart.com; top image is crepe paper; bottom image is clay)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa, happy birthday! The clay hydrangeas are really sweet & lovely-- do you use sculpey clay for them? The Elizabeth Dye dress is beyond beautiful-- there was a Priscilla of Boston design with similar flower stylings, also big $$. Can't wait to see more crafts. <3

    ReplyDelete