Thursday, July 30, 2009

Allow me to get on my soapbox...


(image via c is for charmed)

So with all the wedding stimuli out there, I think sometimes its good to sit down and reevaluate what you really want out of this whole day. I'm sure you're thinking I'm talking on a deeper level and maybe I should be but I am talking more about what I am seriously willing to undertake. My goal is for a very affordable wedding (between $5k-$6k) with lots of handmade things, both for cost reasons and because that will make the wedding about us.

So far I have spent under $500 on a dress, still waiting for a price from the caterer (very small $$ we're thinking judging by their catering menu), probably $100 here or there on supplies ( not from the wedding account so I sorta don't count this seeing as these are my "experiments"), still waiting for price from photog ( probably our most expensive part but i feel totally worth it especially to use the girl we want), venue ( very affordable cheaper than having it at someone's house, counting rents tents, etc)....

As for crafts....

Things I am 99.9% sure I want & am willing to undertake:
garland(s)
tablerunners/cloths, placemats (basically table & place settings)
pom pom hanging decorations
invites/save the dates
bridesmaids/groomspeople's accessories
my veil
diy photobooth

Things I want to assemble:
candy buffet
guest "tree" (tree with little notecards to hang instead of a guest book)

Things I want to assemble but need to make sure its doable:
bouquets/centerpieces

There are tons of things I bookmark but in reality will probably never get a chance to do. I don't really want my wedding to look like a party exploded.

Regardless, my wedding is still a year away. Any tips from anyone further along (especially someone budget friendly or someone taking the diy route) are always appreciated!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment